Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tired of Los Angeles...but it seems everyone lives here

So lately I've been feeling a bit sick of Los Angeles. I love the place, and I think it's more that I miss my family and haven't travelled anywhere recently, but I just feel like I need a bit of a holiday.

The thing that is a little amusing about this is that right now things aren't so bad, and I've got a new bit for the blog: "Today's Celebrity sighting." I just saw David Thewlis, who plays Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter films, and that is following the sighting of Elizabeth Reaser from Grey's Anatomy in the same place, my local market. It just makes me laugh a bit that I apparently live in a neighborhood that a lot of celebrities enjoy as well. I love my neighborhood. It's quiet and so close to everything central in Hollywood and Los Feliz. Now I have a new apartment, with a pool! and so it's down to my attempt at a career.

That's always the hard part, isn't it? The elusive career... I'm trying to become a freelance writer, and it's a bit of a struggle, but I'm not in too bad a situation. I have a few things to fall back on, and I have been published in a national magazine so it's a start. This week, now that I've moved, I have more space and am becoming organized so I'm going to be working on it full-time. The depressing part is not getting the full-time check right away. :( I feel like such a Hollywood stereotype....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page statistics
Internet Service